First of all, it should be a cryptocurrency, in the prospects of which you personally do not doubt.
The coronavirus pandemic has made adjustments to all spheres of life, including the economy. Financial options for investing funds – currency and even gold – were under attack.
Against this background, investors shifted their attention towards the then “unpopular” asset class – cryptocurrencies. RBC experts told what digital assets should be in the crypto portfolio in 2022.
Which cryptocurrency to buy right now
- Bitcoin, the undisputed leader of the crypto market. Represents the most secure electronic asset option among all currently issued. Capitalization is $762 billion.
- Ethereum (“ether” in the common people). It should also be in the investor’s portfolio, as the second cryptocurrency in terms of capitalization. Interest in it today has been fueled by the transition to the Proof-of-Stake algorithm, which is planned to be completed by the summer of this year.
- Litecoin. Despite the status of a budget copy of Bitcoin, it is one of the oldest and most undervalued cryptocurrencies on the market. In 2021, the coin showed very interesting results and touched on the prospects.
- Dogecoin. The most expensive “meme” cryptocurrency and Elon Musk’s favorite. Often used as payment due to the simple mechanism of use, as well as low cost. But she is dependent on the hype created around her in the information field.
- Cardano (ADA). Despite its relatively recent appearance on the crypto exchange, it is already producing excellent results – it ranks 7th in the ranking with a capitalization of $33.8 billion.
- Solana (S.O.L.). It is considered one of the main competitors of Ethereum. On the eve of one of the most famous crypto traders, Austin Arnold, added it to his top “explosive” cryptocurrencies, which will be successful in 2022.
- Polkadot. Since the beginning of 2022, it has broken into the top ten cryptocurrencies by capitalization. Experts believe that the speed of the development of the project will soon allow it to have the same impact on the cryptocurrency market as the ether did in its time.
Previously, market experts advised investors to slowly get rid of the meme crypt. It is noted that with the further formation of the crypto market, its natural cleansing from such dummy projects is inevitable.
They also wrote about the most popular cryptocurrencies among large investors. Terra, Tezos, Cosmos, Solana and XRP have attracted the most money among the “young” cryptocurrencies, but Bitcoin and Ethereum are not inferior to them so far.